Manakamana Tour Package
Manakamana Tour Package Facts
|Package:||Manakamana Tour Package|
|Price||USD 15 per person|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Contact Detail (Viber/Whatsapp)||+9779843724104|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Table of Content.
Manakamana Tour Package offers a pilgrimage to the revered Manakamana Temple in Nepal. The temple is located in the Gorkha district and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Bhagwati. It is believed to fulfill the wishes of devotees. The tour package typically includes transportation, accommodation, and guided temple visits, allowing pilgrims a convenient and organized pilgrimage experience.
Importance of Manakamana Temple in Hinduism:
Fulfillment of Wishes: The Manakamana Temple holds significant importance in Hinduism as it is believed to have the power to fulfill the wishes of devotees. Many people visit the temple to seek blessings and offer prayers for prosperity, good fortune, and fulfilling their desires.
Historical and Cultural Significance: The temple has a rich history associated with various legends and myths. It is believed to be around 400 years old. It has been an important pilgrimage site for locals and devotees across Nepal and India. The temple's architecture and cultural practices reflect the traditions and beliefs of the region.
Goddess Bhagwati: The Manakamana Temple is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Bhagwati, who embodies power and strength. Devotees worship her with reverence and devotion, seeking her blessings for protection, prosperity, and spiritual well-being.
Cable Car Experience: One of the highlights of the Manakamana pilgrimage is the cable car ride to the temple. The Manakamana Cable Car is Nepal's first and longest cable car system, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The cable car journey adds to the overall pilgrimage experience and is a unique feature of the Manakamana tour.
Festivals and Celebrations: The temple hosts various festivals throughout the year, attracting many devotees. The most significant festival celebrated at Manakamana Temple is the Manakamana Jatra, which takes place during the month of Bhadra (August/September) and involves a grand procession and religious rituals.
The Manakamana Temple holds immense spiritual and cultural significance in Hinduism, attracting devotees who seek blessings, express their devotion, and experience the divine presence of Goddess Bhagwati. The tour package provides a convenient and meaningful way to embark on this pilgrimage and immerse oneself in the religious and cultural heritage of the region.
Highlights of the Manakamana Tour:
1. Visit Manakamana Temple: Experience the spiritual ambiance as you visit the revered Manakamana Temple, dedicated to Goddess Bhagwati. Seek blessings, offer prayers, and immerse yourself in the divine atmosphere of the temple.
2. Cable Car Ride to the Temple: Enjoy a thrilling and scenic cable car ride to reach the Manakamana Temple—Marvel at the panoramic views of the surrounding hills, valleys, and rivers during this memorable journey.
3. Sightseeing in Nearby Areas: Explore the picturesque landscapes and nearby attractions during the tour. Visit the historic town of Gorkha, known for its ancient palace and rich cultural heritage. Experience the local lifestyle, interact with the friendly locals, and capture stunning views of the Himalayan ranges.
4. Cultural Experiences and Activities: Immerse yourself in the local culture by participating in various cultural activities. Witness traditional music and dance performances, engage in rituals and ceremonies, and savor authentic Nepali cuisine.
5. Pilgrimage Experience: The Manakamana Tour offers a profound spiritual experience as you connect with your faith and devotion. Experience the dedication and fervor of fellow pilgrims and gain insights into Hindu rituals and traditions.
6. Natural Beauty: Experience the pristine natural beauty of the region. Enjoy the serene surroundings, lush green hills, and refreshing ambiance. Take leisurely walks amidst nature and capture the breathtaking landscapes through your lens.
7. Festivals and Celebrations: Depending on your visit, you may have the opportunity to witness and participate in vibrant festivals celebrated at the Manakamana Temple. Experience these festivals' joyous atmosphere, colorful processions, and religious rituals.
The Manakamana Tour perfectly blends spirituality, natural beauty, cultural exploration, and memorable experiences. It allows you to deepen your spiritual connection, appreciate the scenic surroundings, and immerse yourself in the region's rich cultural heritage.
Manakamana Tour Package Itinerary
- Pick up from Kathmandu Valley at 6 o’ clock
- Receive two way Cable Car Ticket in Thankot from our agent
- Stop in Malekhu for refreshment (Interested can take their Breakfast)
- Take Cable car at 10 to 11 AM (Your’s Bus, Hiace wait for you in Kurintar Base)
- After Manakamana Darshan you can enjoy your lunch at Manakamana or in Kurintar
- 3 to 4 PM Departure from Kurintar
- 6 to 7pm drop in Kathmandu.
Tips for a Successful Manakamana Tour:
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Manakamana Temple is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer pleasant weather with moderate temperatures, making the tour and cable car ride comfortable. However, do check the local weather conditions before planning your visit.
Clothing and Footwear Recommendations:
- Wear comfortable clothing, preferably lightweight and breathable fabrics, as the temple visit and cable car ride may involve some walking. Carry a light jacket or shawl for cooler evenings or higher altitudes.
- Manakamana Temple is a religious site, so it is advisable to dress modestly. Women should cover their shoulders and avoid wearing revealing clothes. Both men and women should avoid shorts and opt for trousers or longer skirts.
- Choose comfortable footwear, such as walking shoes or sandals, as you may need to walk on uneven terrain during the tour.
- Prioritize your safety during the cable car ride by following the instructions provided by the cable car operators. Ensure that you are correctly seated and follow any safety guidelines given.
- Stay hydrated by carrying a water bottle and drinking plenty of water throughout the tour, especially during the cable car ride and temple visit.
- Protect yourself from the sun by wearing sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses, especially if you plan to spend time outdoors.
Etiquette at the Temple:
- Maintain a respectful demeanor while inside the temple premises. Follow the instructions of the temple staff and maintain silence in designated areas.
- Remove your shoes before entering the temple. It is customary to leave your footwear at the designated shoe storage area.
- Avoid taking photographs or videos inside the temple, as it may disturb the sanctity of the place. Respect the religious rituals and practices being conducted.
- Make offerings and prayers with reverence and follow the local customs and traditions. Seek guidance from the temple priests or staff if needed.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can have a successful and respectful Manakamana tour, enjoying the pilgrimage's spiritual ambiance, natural beauty, and cultural experiences.
Manakamana Tour Package Price for Nepali
|Adult Nepali||A/C Tourist Hiace||Rs.1900|
|Nepali Student||A/C Tourist Hiace||Rs.1800|
|Elderly 60+ year||A/C Tourist Hiace||Rs.1800|
|Adult Nepali||Non Ac Hiace||Rs.1900|
|Nepali Student||Non Ac Hiace||Rs 1800|
|Elderly 60 + year||Non Ac Hiace||Rs 1800|
Note: Student identity cards & Citizenship cards for older adults should carry compulsory while traveling. For Indian Citizens, you have to add NRS 200 per person.
Manakamana Cable car ticket price
|#||Category||Currency||One Way||Two Way|
|13||Goods Per Kg||NPR||17.00||0.00|
- The above rate are inclusive of all local taxes and applicable VAT.
- Child is categorized by their height. Children above 3 feet and up to 4 feet height qualifies for child rate.
- No tickets applicable for child up to 3 feet height.
- Elderly citizen and student rates are applicable for Nepali only and requires proof or ID.
- 60 years and above qualifies for elderly citizen rate.
- The validity of the cable car ticket is 7 days from date of purchase. No refunds will be made if the validity expires.
- All passengers are insured up to NPR 500,000.00.
- 15kg baggage allowance is given free of charge. Baggage exceeding the weight limit will be charged @ of NPR 16 per kg
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Vehicle rental for Manakamana Darshan
Manakamana Darshan is a popular pilgrimage destination for Hindus in the Gorkha district of Nepal. The temple of Manakamana, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Bhagwati, is situated on a hilltop and can only be reached by cable car. Many devotees journey to the temple to seek blessings and fulfill their wishes.
For those planning to visit Manakamana Darshan, transportation is one of the most critical aspects of the trip. The temple is located in a remote area and can only be reached by cable car, which can be challenging for some. Many people rent a vehicle to make the journey more comfortable and convenient.
There are several options for vehicle rental for Manakamana Darshan. The most popular choice is to rent a car or jeep, which can be easily arranged through local tour operators or travel agencies. This is a good option for those who prefer a private vehicle's comfort and convenience, allowing you to travel at your own pace and schedule.
Another option is to rent a motorcycle or scooter, which can be a more affordable and adventurous way to explore the area. This is a good option for those comfortable with riding a bike and wanting to experience the thrill of the journey. However, it's important to note that the roads in the area can be pretty rugged and challenging, so having good experience and confidence before attempting to ride a motorcycle or scooter on these roads is essential.
For those who prefer to travel in a group, hiring a bus or mini-bus is also possible. This option suits larger groups or families, allowing everyone to travel comfortably and safely. This can be arranged through local tour operators or travel agencies.
Regardless of your transportation mode, planning your trip in advance and making all necessary arrangements well before your departure date is essential. This will help ensure your journey to Manakamana Darshan is as smooth and comfortable as possible.
|SN||Vehicle Types||Carrying Capacity||Price for A/C||Price for Non-A/C|
Manakamana tour package video
Manakamana cable car opening time
Operation Time :
8.00 am to 12.00 pm AND 1:00 pm to 5.00 PM
LUNCH BREAK*: 12:00 pm TO 1: 00 PM
*Except Saturday & Public Holidays
*The Main gate will open at 7:00 AM Morning
Manakamana Tour FAQ
How do I reach Manakamana Temple?
Manakamana Temple can be reached through a scenic cable car ride from Kurintar, approximately 3-4 hours away from Kathmandu by road. The cable car journey takes 10-15 minutes to reach the temple.
Is the cable car ride safe?
Yes, the cable car ride to Manakamana Temple is considered safe. The cable car system is well-maintained and regularly inspected for safety standards. However, it's essential to follow the instructions given by the cable car operators and adhere to safety guidelines during the ride.
What is the duration of the Manakamana Tour?
The duration of the Manakamana Tour can vary depending on the package and individual preferences. Typically, it can range from a day trip to a couple of days, allowing enough time for the temple visit, cable car ride, sightseeing, and cultural experiences.
Can I visit Manakamana Temple throughout the year?
Yes, Manakamana Temple is open throughout the year. However, it's advisable to consider the weather conditions and plan your visit during the favorable seasons, such as spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November), for a more pleasant experience.
Are there any accommodation options near Manakamana Temple?
Accommodations are available near Manakamana Temple and in towns like Kurintar and Gorkha. These options range from budget guesthouses to mid-range hotels, providing comfortable stay options for visitors.
Can I take photographs inside the temple?
Photography and videography inside the Manakamana Temple complex are generally not allowed, as it is considered disrespectful to the religious sanctity of the place. However, you can seek guidance from the temple staff regarding specific guidelines or restrictions.
What should I wear during the temple visit?
It is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully when visiting Manakamana Temple. Women should cover their shoulders and avoid wearing revealing clothes. Both men and women should avoid shorts and opt for trousers or longer skirts. Carrying a light jacket or shawl for cooler evenings or higher altitudes is recommended.
Are there any festivals or special events at Manakamana Temple?
Manakamana Temple hosts various festivals throughout the year, the most significant being the Manakamana Jatra. This festival occurs during Bhadra (August/September) and involves a grand procession and religious rituals. The temple is exceptionally crowded during these festivals, offering a lively and festive atmosphere.
If you seek a unique and enriching travel experience, the Manakamana tour package is perfect. It combines spirituality, cultural immersion, scenic beauty, and memorable moments. By booking this package, you can embark on a transformative journey, exploring the sacred temple, gaining insights into the local way of life, and creating lasting memories. Take advantage of this opportunity to embark on a truly enriching and rewarding travel experience. Book your Manakamana tour package today and embark on a journey of a lifetime.
- Top Places to Visit in Nepal
- Rara Tour Package by Flight
- Lumbini Tour Package
- Bhaktapur Tour Package
- 6 days Kathmandu Valley Tour and Hiking Package
- Pokhara Paragliding
- Dhulikhel Mountain Resort
- Royal Enfield Motorbike tour in Nepal
- Pokhara tour package
- Muktinath Tour Package from Pokhara
- Nagarkot Tour Package
- Sukute Holiday Beach Resort