Pathivara Tour Package
Pathivara Tour Package Facts
|Package:||Pathivara Tour Package|
|Duration||4 nights 5 days|
|Price||USD 160 per person|
|Max Elevation||3658 meters|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Contact Detail (Viber/Whatsapp)||+9779843724104|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Table of Content.
Are you seeking a spiritual retreat nestled in the lap of the Himalayas? Look no further than the enchanting Pathivara Temple. As a travel agency dedicated to curating unforgettable experiences, we are delighted to present our Pathivara Tour Package. Join us on a mystical journey to this sacred site, where divinity meets natural beauty.
Brief Overview of the Pathivara Tour Package
Pathivara Tour Package is designed for those seeking a unique blend of spiritual fulfillment and natural wonder. Situated in the Taplejung district of eastern Nepal, the Pathivara Temple is perched at 3,794 meters (12,448 feet), offering breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
The tour begins with a scenic flight or drive from Kathmandu to Taplejung, where the Pathivara Temple is located. The journey itself is an opportunity to marvel at the diverse landscapes of Nepal, from lush green valleys to snow-capped peaks. Upon reaching Taplejung, we embark on a trek that takes us through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and dense forests, allowing us to connect with nature every step.
Importance of Visiting Pathivara Temple
The Pathivara Temple holds immense spiritual significance for both Hindus and Buddhists. It is believed to be the abode of Goddess Pathivara, a manifestation of Goddess Durga, who is revered as the divine protector and bestower of blessings.
Visiting the temple is not merely a religious ritual but an opportunity to experience tranquility, seek blessings, and find solace in the serene surroundings. Devotees flock to the temple throughout the year, especially during the auspicious occasions of Navaratri and Dashain, to offer prayers and receive blessings for health, prosperity, and protection.
Apart from its spiritual importance, the Pathivara Temple is a haven for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. The surrounding region boasts stunning landscapes, including lush green hills, cascading waterfalls, and diverse flora and fauna. It is also a gateway to the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. It is home to rare and endangered species such as the snow leopard, red panda, and musk deer.
As you embark on this remarkable journey, you will witness the temple's beauty and immerse yourself in the rich local culture. The warm hospitality of the locals, their traditional music and dance, and their authentic cuisine will leave an indelible mark on your memories.
Pathivara Tour Package offers a harmonious blend of spirituality, natural beauty, and cultural immersion. Whether you seek divine blessings, seek solace in nature, or yearn for a unique adventure, Pathivara Temple and its surroundings have it all. Join us on this transformative journey and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Nestled in the lap of the magnificent Himalayas, the Pathivara Temple is located in the Taplejung district of eastern Nepal. Situated at 3,794 meters (12,448 feet), this sacred site offers visitors a tranquil and awe-inspiring experience.
Description of Pathivara Temple's Location
Pathivara Temple is perched on a hilltop in the Pathivara VDC (Village Development Committee) of the Taplejung district. Surrounded by lush greenery, cascading waterfalls, and panoramic vistas of snow-capped peaks, the temple provides a serene and picturesque setting for devotees and travelers alike.
The temple is an exquisite structure adorned with intricate woodwork and traditional Nepali architecture. It is dedicated to Goddess Pathivara, who is believed to fulfill the wishes and protect her devotees from harm. The temple holds immense significance for Hindus and Buddhists, drawing pilgrims from far and wide to seek blessings and spiritual solace.
Modes of Transportation Available to Reach the Temple
Reaching the Pathivara Temple requires a journey through the mesmerizing landscapes of eastern Nepal. Various transportation options are available to ensure a smooth and convenient trip:
1. Flight: The quickest way to reach Pathivara Temple is by taking a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Taplejung's Suketar Airport. Several airlines operate regular flights to Suketar, which typically take around 45 minutes. A scenic drive or a moderate trek is required from the airport to reach the temple.
2. Road: A journey from Kathmandu to Taplejung is an option for those seeking a more adventurous route. The drive takes approximately 19-20 hours and offers breathtaking countryside views, terraced fields, and traditional villages. Hiring a private vehicle or joining a guided tour is advisable for a comfortable and hassle-free experience.
3. Trekking: Trekking enthusiasts can embark on a memorable journey to the Pathivara Temple on foot. The trekking route starts from Suketar or Taplejung Bazaar, traversing through picturesque landscapes, dense forests, and charming villages. The duration of the trek can vary depending on the chosen route and individual pace, typically ranging from 3 to 5 days.
It's important to note that the path to Pathivara Temple involves steep ascents and rugged terrains. Therefore, being physically fit and adequately prepared with proper trekking gear and essentials is recommended.
As you embark on your journey to the Pathivara Temple, the accessibility options ensure that you can choose the mode of transportation that best suits your preferences and time constraints. Whichever route you take, the captivating beauty of the temple's location and spiritual aura will make your visit truly memorable.
Join us on our Pathivara Temple Tour Package, and allow us to guide you through this enchanting destination, ensuring a seamless and fulfilling experience.
Activities and Attractions: Exploring the Charms of Pathivara
Pathivara, with its tranquil atmosphere and awe-inspiring natural beauty, presents an array of activities and attractions that will captivate every visitor. From spiritual pursuits to scenic wonders, we offer a list of the top activities and attractions to enjoy in Pathivara:
1. Pathivara Temple Darshan: The primary attraction of Pathivara is the Pathivara Temple itself. As you visit the temple, embark on a spiritual journey and seek blessings from Goddess Pathivara. The temple holds immense significance for Hindus and Buddhists, and devotees come from far and wide to offer their prayers and seek divine blessings.
2. Scenic Trekking: Pathivara is surrounded by stunning landscapes, making it an ideal destination for trekking enthusiasts. Embark on a trekking adventure through the picturesque trails that wind through lush green forests, terraced fields, and charming villages. Enjoy the breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, cascading waterfalls, and vibrant flora and fauna along the way.
3. Kanchenjunga Conservation Area: Pathivara is a gateway to the renowned Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. Explore this pristine region and marvel at its diverse wildlife and natural beauty. The conservation area is home to rare and endangered species like the snow leopard, red panda, and Himalayan black bear. Immerse yourself in nature and experience the unspoiled beauty of the Himalayan ecosystem.
4. Cultural Exploration: Interact with the local communities and gain insight into their rich culture and traditions. Engage in conversations with the friendly locals, savor authentic Nepali cuisine, and experience traditional music and dance performances. Participate in local festivals and rituals to better understand the vibrant local culture.
5. Nature Photography: Pathivara offers a paradise for nature photographers. Capture the breathtaking landscapes, vibrant flora, and unique wildlife species that enchant this region. From the Himalayas' panoramic views to the local flora's intricate details, there are endless opportunities for stunning photographs.
6. Sunrise and Sunset Views: Witness the magical sunrise and sunset moments from the vantage points around Pathivara. The glowing hues on the snow-capped peaks and the serene atmosphere create an unforgettable experience. Capture the mesmerizing colors of the sky as the sun rises or sets, painting the mountains in golden and rosy shades.
7. Pilgrimage to Devi Falls: Make a side trip to the famous Devi Falls in the nearby town of Pokhara. These cascading waterfalls hold cultural and religious significance and are popular destinations for locals and tourists. Witness the powerful flow of water and the natural beauty of the surroundings.
8. Exploring Local Bazaars: Visit the bustling local bazaars in Taplejung and Suketar to experience the vibrant market culture. Browse through stalls selling traditional handicrafts, local produce, and unique souvenirs. Engage in friendly haggling and take home a piece of Pathivara as a memento of your journey.
These activities and attractions in Pathivara offer diverse experiences, from spiritual enlightenment to adventure and cultural immersion. Immerse yourself in this enchanting region's natural wonders and cultural heritage, creating memories that will last a lifetime. Join us on our Pathivara Tour Package to make the most of your visit and ensure an unforgettable adventure.
Pathivara tour package Highlights
- Serene location is surrounded by lush greenery and majestic mountains.
- Comfortable accommodation for a relaxing stay.
- Spiritual enlightenment through a visit to Pathivara Temple.
- Guided tours provide insights into the temple's history and rituals.
- Scenic exploration with treks, waterfalls, and panoramic views.
- Cultural immersion through interactions with the local community.
- Opportunities for meditation and finding inner peace.
- A peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- Memorable experiences and connections with the spiritual and natural beauty of Pathivara.
Pathivara Tour Package price for Nepali
|Package||Starting Price (Per Person)|
|Pathivara Package by Deluxe Bus||NRS 13500|
|Pathivara Package by A/C Jeep||NRS 17500|
|Pathivara Heliopter Tour||NRS 30000|
Pathivara Tour Package Vehicle Rental Price / Cost
|VEHICLE TYPE||PRICE (NPR)||SEATER|
|TOYOTA HIACE VAN||85000||14|
Pathivara Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu to Ilam
- Enjoy lunch on the way to Ilam.
- Expect a long drive of approximately 1012 hours, covering a distance of 550 km.
- Cross the Koshi Barrage during the journey.
- Overnight stay in Ilam.
Day 2: Ilam to Thulo Phedi
- Have breakfast at the hotel in Ilam.
- Drive approximately 165 km to reach Phedi.
- Change to another vehicle in Shuketar due to Syndicate regulations.
- Continue the journey by jeep for about 9 km, which takes around 1 hour to reach Sano Phedi.
- Hike for 1 hour to reach the hotel in Thulo Phedi.
- Overnight stay in Thulo Phedi.
Day 3: Thulo Phedi to Phidim
- Begin the day with Pathivara Devi Darshan (visit to Pathivara Temple).
- Drive back to Phidim.
- Overnight stay in Phidim.
Day 4: Phidim to Dharan or Bhedetar
- Drive back to Dharan, covering a distance of approximately 230 km.
- Visit Kanyam Ilam, known for its tea gardens.
- Make a stop at Koshi Barrage.
- Overnight stay in Dharan.
Day 5: Dharan to Kathmandu
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel in Dharan.
- Drive back to Kathmandu, concluding the tour.
Please note that the itinerary provided is a summarized version. It is recommended to consult with a travel agency or tour operator for a detailed and customized itinerary based on your preferences and available services.
Pathivara Helicopter tour from Kathmandu
- Approximately two and half hour flight from Kathmandu
- 45 minutes ground time at Pathivara
Pathivara Tour package by flight
Day 1 - Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur - Taplejung
- Bhadrapur Arrival & Transfer
After flying from Kathmandu, at Bhadrapur Airport gate Vehicle will be waiting for the guest to transfer them to Taplejung.
- Bhadrapur - Taplejung
It's a 7-hour drive from Bhadrapur Airport; we see various Tea gardens of Nepal on the way.
- Full Meal
We will have Lunch, Nasta & Dinner from Buddha Holidays.
- Taplejung Guest House And Hotel Pathivara
Overnight Stay at the Hotel.
Day 2 - Taplejung - Pathibhara Temple - Taplejung
- Full Full Board
Early morning wake up and make your Breakfast at the Hotel before traveling to Temple Darshan.
- Drive To Temple
After Breakfast, we travel by Private Vehicle to Reach Temple.
- Pathivara Darshan
Early morning we start our hiking towards Pathivaraa temple. On the way to Pathivara, we find chhaate dhunga in mathillo Phedi; we enter the Pathivara temple area.
It takes about 3/ 4 hours "paidal stayer way" to reach pathivara temple. We can see the views of Mount Kanchenjunga, Kumbha Karna, and beautiful scenes of Taplejung.
- Drive Back To Taplejung Hotel
After Darshan, we drive back to our Hotel.
- Taplejung Guest House And Hotel Pathivara
Overnight Stay at the Hotel.
Day 3 - Taplejung - Bhadrapur - Kathmandu
Early morning wake up and make your Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Phidim, Fikkal & Kanyam
Drive to Back to Bhadrapur; on the way, we travel to various Popular destinations of Eastern Nepal.
Kanyam is known for its green tea garden and picnic spots. It is known as the "queen of eastern Nepal" due to its natural environment.
Pick up from Taplejung Hotel and Drop at Bhadrapur Airport. And Fly back to Kathmandu.
Accommodation and Facilities: Comfort and Convenience in Pathivara
When visiting the sacred Pathivara Temple in the Taplejung district of Nepal, you can expect various accommodation options and facilities to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. Whether you prefer a cozy lodge or a rustic guesthouse, choices are available to suit every traveler's needs.
Types of Accommodation Available in Pathivara
1. Lodges and Tea Houses: Along the trekking route to Pathivara Temple, you will find a variety of lodges and tea houses that offer basic yet comfortable accommodations. These establishments provide rooms with essential amenities such as beds, blankets, and shared bathrooms. Clubs also serve delicious local cuisine, allowing you to savor authentic Nepali meals during your stay.
2. Guesthouses: In the nearby villages, including Taplejung Bazaar and Suketar, you can find guesthouses that offer a slightly higher level of comfort. These guesthouses typically provide private rooms with attached bathrooms, hot showers, and sometimes Wi-Fi access. They provide a cozy ambiance and a warm welcome to weary travelers.
Facilities Provided by the Temple for Visitors
1. Prayer and Worship Facilities: The Pathivara Temple provides dedicated spaces for prayer and worship. Devotees can offer their prayers and seek blessings from the deity in the main temple area. The temple authorities maintain a serene atmosphere, allowing visitors to engage in spiritual activities and find moments of tranquility.
2. Resting Areas: Within the temple premises, there are designated resting areas where visitors can take a break, relax, and absorb the peaceful ambiance. These areas are often shaded and provide a calm environment for reflection and rejuvenation.
3. Drinking Water and Refreshments: The temple authorities understand the importance of staying hydrated and refreshed during your visit. They provide clean drinking water facilities, ensuring visitors access to safe and potable water. Small shops and stalls near the temple also offer snacks and refreshments to energize you during your pilgrimage.
4. Security and Safety Measures: The temple administration takes the safety of visitors seriously. They have implemented security measures to ensure a secure environment for all. You can find well-trained security personnel around the temple premises, offering assistance and maintaining order.
5. Information and Guidance: The temple management provides information and guidance to visitors, answering their queries and offering insights into the temple's history and significance. They are available to assist pilgrims with any concerns during their visit.
While the accommodations in the Pathivara region may be relatively basic, the temple's facilities and the locals' warm hospitality make the experience both comfortable and enjoyable. Your visit will focus on the spiritual and natural wonders surrounding you, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
As you embark on your journey to Pathivara Temple, our Pathivara Tour Package ensures that your accommodation needs are taken care of, allowing you to focus on the spiritual journey and immerse yourself in the divine atmosphere of this sacred place.
Best Time to Visit Pathivara and Recommendations for a Pleasant Journey
The most favorable time to visit Pathivara is spring and autumn when the weather is mild and stable. The recommended months to plan your trip are from March to May and September to November. You can expect clear skies, pleasant temperatures, and stunning natural surroundings during these months.
To ensure a comfortable and hassle-free experience, we recommend the following tips:
1. Plan Ahead: Before embarking on your journey to Pathivara, planning your trip well in advance is essential. Research weather conditions, accommodation options, and transportation routes to ensure a smooth and seamless experience.
2. Dress Appropriately: As Pathivara is a religious site, it is essential to dress modestly and respectfully. Bring comfortable clothing suitable for trekking and traditional attire if you plan to participate in cultural events or festivals.
3. Acclimatize and Stay Hydrated: Pathivara is situated at a high altitude, so it is crucial to acclimatize properly. Take it slow and allow your body to adjust to the size. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated throughout your trip. Avoid excessive physical exertion, particularly in the initial days.
4. Pack Essentials: Pack essential items such as sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes, a hat, and sunglasses. Carrying a basic first aid kit with necessary medications for altitude sickness, headaches, and joint ailments is also advisable.
5. Respect Local Customs and Culture: Pathivara is a place of religious and cultural significance. Respect the local customs, traditions, and spiritual practices. Seek permission before taking photographs, particularly in sacred areas. Be mindful of your behavior and maintain a respectful attitude towards the local community.
6. Engage with Local Guides: Consider hiring a local guide or joining organized tours to make the most of your visit. Local guides can provide valuable insights into the region's history, culture, and natural wonders. They can also assist with navigation and ensure your safety during treks.
7. Stay Responsible and Eco-Friendly: Pathivara is a pristine natural environment, and it is crucial to maintain its beauty. Respect the environment by disposing of waste properly and following eco-friendly practices. Avoid littering and respect wildlife habitats during your treks and explorations.
8. Stay Informed about Safety: Stay updated on the region's current safety guidelines and travel advisories. Be aware of any potential risks or changes in weather conditions. Registering with your embassy or consulate before traveling is advisable to ensure your safety and receive relevant updates.
Adhering to these recommendations can make your visit to Pathivara comfortable, enjoyable, and culturally enriching. Take your time, immerse yourself in the natural and spiritual wonders, and create lasting memories of your journey to this sacred destination.
Pathivara Tour Package Videos
Pathivara Tour Package FAQ
What is the Pathivara Tour Package?
The Pathivara Tour Package is a guided trip to the sacred Pathivara Devi shrine. It typically includes transportation, accommodation, meals, and a tour guide.
How can I reach the Pathivara Devi shrine?
The journey to Pathivara Devi starts from Suketar, which is accessible by air from Kathmandu and Biratnagar. From Suketar, it's a one-day trek to the shrine.
What is the best time to visit Pathivara Devi?
The best time to visit Pathivara Devi is during the pre-monsoon period (March to June) and post-monsoon (September to November) when the weather is pleasant and the views are clear.
What should I pack for the trip?
You should pack warm clothing, a good pair of trekking shoes, a first-aid kit, necessary medications, and essentials like water bottles and snacks.
Is it safe to travel alone?
While it's generally safe to travel alone, we recommend travelling in groups or with a guide for a better experience and safety.
Do I need to be physically fit for the trek?
Yes, a moderate level of physical fitness is required as the trek involves walking long distances.
What kind of accommodations are provided?
The package includes accommodation in local guesthouses or lodges along the trekking route.
Are meals provided during the trek?
Yes, meals are provided during the trek. They generally include traditional Nepali food.
What is the cost of the Pathivara Tour Package?
The cost of the package varies depending on the duration of the trek and the services included. Please contact us for the latest prices.
Do I need any special permits for the trek?
No special permits are required for the Pathivara trek.
Can I customize my tour package?
Yes, we offer the option to customize your tour package based on your preferences and budget.
What are the payment options?
We accept payments through cash, credit/debit cards, and bank transfer.
What should I do in case of a medical emergency during the trek?
In case of a medical emergency, inform your tour guide immediately. They are trained to handle such situations and will ensure you get the necessary help.
Can I cancel my booking? If yes, what is the cancellation policy?
Yes, you can cancel your booking. Our cancellation policy requires you to inform us at least two weeks before the start date of the trek for a full refund.
How can I book the Pathivara Tour Package?
To book the Pathivara Tour Package, you can contact us via our website, email, or phone. Our team will guide you through the booking process.