Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek Facts
|Package:||Upper Mustang Trek|
|Price||USD 1800 per person|
|Transportation||Flight/Private Van or Tourist Bus|
|Max Elevation||12,467ft / 3800m|
|Accommodation||Star Hotel & Lodge|
|Meal||Full Board in Trek|
|Trip Start / Ends||Kathmandu / Kathmandu|
|Contact Detail (Viber/Whatsapp)||+9779843724104|
|Trip Note:||Price offered is full inclusive and it is quoted in USD. Trip will only starts when you will arrive to Kathmandu International Airport. The given itinerary is just a standard itinerary and could be customized on request.|
Table of Content.
Upper Mustang trekking in Nepal was officially opened in 1992 and limited numbers of trekkers are only allowed each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. Upper Mustang Trek located north of the Annapurna region at an elevation of 4000m is physically and culturally division of the Tibetan highland. The landscape of Mustang is an unproductive moonscape of worn sandstone pillars that are irregular moraine terraces, which presents a colorful mosaic made up mainly of earthen reds, yellows, and browns.
The mystic Trans Himalayan’s tiny kingdom Upper Mustang is well renowned as a restricted area among adventure mountain travelers. This trekking trail is getting thereafter one of the most visited trails as a different challenging high plain desert. Mustang is the ancient Himalayan Kingdom which lies in the northern central part of Nepal and at the top of the Kaligandaki River.
Upper Mustang consists of two distinct regions: the southern part and the northern where the languages, culture, and traditions are alike to those of the Tibetan people. Upper Mustang was a separate kingdom within Nepal until the time of Monarchy till 2006 and even after the downfall of Monarchy this small Tibetan settlement has the same respect for their King JigmeParamalBista. The trek to Lo-Manthang is through high altitude desert country climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki where the worlds second-highest bungee - Kushma Bungee Jumping in located.
This Upper Mustang trekking is one of the best treks to do even in the monsoon time as the entire Upper Mustang lies in the rain shadow, north of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges, completely sheltered from the monsoon downfall in Nepal. We take both ways of Pokhara Jomsom Pokhara flight on this Mustang trekking that does avoid the lower rainy section of Annapurna. The best advantage of doing this cultural trek in monsoon time is that the village is full of local people busy at their every day works and the whole region are in bloom which makes really a fabulous contrast with the wind-eroded hills, red cliffs and snow-capped mountains on the background – a great vista. Thus upper Mustang trek is once in a lifetime destination to explore the fascinating medieval walled kingdom of Lo Manthang. You can explore Jomsom Muktinath Trekking, Muktinath tour package, Mustang tour package as well.
Highlights of Upper Mustang Trek
- Experience mini Tibet: Tibetan people/culture/lifestyles.
- Visit the picturesque areas including magnificent barren landscapes ancient caves, century-old monasteries, and many other archeological sites.
- Experience the Himalayan views from its backyard.
- Test the renowned local apples, apple pie and apple wine (Marpha) in Jomsom.
- Visit Muktinath important pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists.
- Fly over the Kaligandaki George, the world deepest.
- Take a tour in the beautiful city of Pokhara (Lakes, caves and Davis fall)
Upper Mustang Trekking Itinerary For 14 days
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 2||Pokhara to Jomsom (Flight) to Kagbeni||2800 m||3 hr|
|Day 3||Kagbeni to Chele||3050 m||7 hr|
|Day 4||Chele to Syangmoche||3475 m||6 hr|
|Day 5||Syangmoche to Ghaymi||3500 m||5 hr|
|Day 6||Ghami to Charang||3560 m||4 hr|
|Day 7||Charang to Lo Manthang||3770 m||5 hr|
|Day 8||Day trip to Chhoser Cave||3770 m||3 hr|
|Day 9||Lo Manthang to Drakmar||3800 m||6 - 7 hr|
|Day 10||Drakmar to Ghiling||3860 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 11||Ghiling to Chuksang||3050 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 12||Chuksang to Jomsom||2715 m||5 - 6 hr|
|Day 13||Jomsom to Pokhara (Flight)||830 m||30 min|
|Day 14||Pokhara to Kathmandu (Drive)||1380 m||6 - 7 hr|
Upper Mustang Trek Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu airport and transfer your Hotel
- Day 2: Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley UNESCO world heritage sites & trek Preparation
- Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 4: From Pokhara fly to Jomsom & Trek to Kagbeni, 3 hours trek
- Day 5: Kagbeni to Chele, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 6: Chele to Syanbochen, 6-7 hours trek
- Day 7: Trek to Ghami, 5 hours trek
- Day 8: Ghami to Tsarang, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 9: Trek from Charang to Lo Manthang, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 10: Explore Lo Manthang/ Acclimatization
- Day 11: Lo-Manthang to Drakmar, 6-7 hours trek
- Day 12: Drakmar to Ghiling, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 13: Ghiling to Chhuksang, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 14: Chusang to Muktinath, 7 hours trek
- Day 15: Muktinath to Jomsom, 5-6 hours trek
- Day 16: Fly back to Pokhara
- Day 17: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu